hink about your long-term goals for your children — what traits do you want them to have as adults? By knowing where you are heading, you are more likely to get there. Use your values to raise kids you like and respect.
Here are the Top 10 Parenting Tips for raising children:
- Fill your home with love and respect.
- Listen to your children’s feelings and thoughts.
- Focus on what’s good about your children.
- Have your children to do things for themselves so they feel able.
- Know what your children can do based on their age and abilities.
- Follow through with rules and consequences.
- Do not hit, blame, or shame.
- Expect mistakes (yours and theirs) and learn from them.
- Behave how you want your children to behave.
- Maintain a sense of humor.